If you haven't joined us yet, please see these details.
How do I sign up for a trip?
- Please sign up on the teamseagrass database.
- Closer to the date of the trip, an email with more details will be sent to those who signed up.
What must I prepare/bring along for a monitoring session?
- Be punctual. Arrive 15 mins at the meeting point before the stated departure time. Regretfully, for trips by boat, we will leave punctually whether you are there or not as we cannot miss the tides. Time stated is the time the side of the boat parts from the side of the jetty. We usually board 5-10 minutes before departure time.
- Trips go on regardless of weather. Please be appropriately prepared.
- Be well rested, well fed, and well hydrated beforehand. Don't come if you are not feeling well.
- Bring your IC in case of checks by security. Foreigners: passport required for depature via West Coast Pier which has an immigration checkpoint.
- Bring a camera to take photos of the transect and also for interesting sightings along the way.
- Wear booties.
- Do NOT wear sandals or japanese slippers on the shores.
- Bring a WORKING torch. All monitoring trips will be during daylight, but some may start before sunrise or end after sunset. A small torch that works on four AA batteries is fine.
- Wear long pants, sandflies may be present. But keep clothes light and breatheable.
- Drinking water and energising snack.
- Wet weather gear: poncho/raincoat.
- Hat for the sun.
- Insect repellent.
- Simple medical kit in case of injuries to yourself.
- Change of footwear and clothes.
How do I submit photos of the transects?
Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos should be properly labelled in this manner:
[Site Code][Site No.][Transect No.]_[Meter Mark]_[Date:dd/mm/yy]
So for example, the 25m mark at Pulau Semakau, Site 2, Transect 3 on 24th Nov 2007 is labeled like so:
If you are not sure, please check with Siti on the day of the monitoring.
As far as possible, try to keep file sizes to around 1MB max at a resolution of about 200dpi so that Siti can zoom in to look at the grasses when needed.